Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Black and White

Well, day two on the path to Nineveh. Yesterday I had a tough afternoon. Good for me, I am married to a very understanding and supporting man. He is such an encourager. When I could not take it anymore, and was breaking down, he let me disappear for a while. The medication I'm taking is throwing off my blood sugar, as expected, and I'm having highs and lows. Did you know that irritability is a side effect of low blood sugar? Ask my kids. They know. Hailey has even offered to fix me a sandwich when I was particularly crabby.
Yesterday I got a new battery for the bathroom scale so I could check the damage. So this morning I got on it, and have gained back twelve of the twenty-five pounds I had lost last year. At least I'm not back at square one. So we start with the record keeping today.
I didn't get to ride in the freezing rain today. It will warm back up in a couple of days, and I'll be back out there. I think I want to go further, because twenty minutes is not long enough.
So here it is in black and white: I weigh 268 pounds.

No comments: