Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Scavenger of sweetness

I am totally a sweets person. Especially at night. I love ice cream with chocolate syrup or strawberries before I go to bed. And when that is not anywhere to be found, I have been known to pilfer the kids Halloween, Christmas, Valentine's Day, or Easter candy. I have roasted marshmallows over a stove burner. Did you know that works? Turn over the couch and find a lost M&M? Don't put it past me. Okay, maybe I wouldn't go that far, but I have found a hot tamale in the bottom of my purse and eaten it. I mean the cinnamon candy kind, not the Mexican kind. How gross would that be???
Seriously, I can't have sweets of any sort in the house and be even remotely honest on my program. Hailey came in the same room as me while she was eating the last of the ice cream sandwich cake today. I wanted to kill her for eating my precious. I actually yelled at her to get it out of my sight. I'm losing it.
I ate very well today, but my stomach didn't get the memo. It thinks I'm giving up eating. While I do eat every two to three hours, the portions are so small that I never feel full. It will take a few days to get over feeling hungry. It doesn't really last long, but meanwhile, I feel like whining. Drinking all this water has me going through toilet paper at an alarming rate. That will dwindle in a few days, too, but right now I need to go every 15 minutes. I keep telling myself every time I head for the bathroom, I am releasing fat from my body. The first week is usually a pretty substantial loss.
I am having some dizzy spells, and borrowed a glucometer from a friend today. I need to keep track of what's happening with my blood sugar, now that I'm on diabetes meds.
Check in tomorrow.

No comments: