Thursday, April 24, 2008

Why is it that...

I feel like they are watching me and thinking, "She will never succeed." Shawn keeps saying stuff about how everyone at church is proud of me for riding my bike there, but I feel like they really expect me to fail. I'm the "fat girl" that everyone knows and loves, but they all know I have struggled with my weight my whole life. Here I go again with another sad attempt to beat it.

I am very down today.

The glass it half empty. In fact, it is mostly empty right now.

I tell myself that "they" don't really put much thought into my life. They have enough of their own problems to go beyond the initial surprise at what I've been doing. Even the pastor gave me a thumbs-up kind of look when he asked if I'd ridden my bike to church and I said, "Yes." This is actually the same exercise he did to shed his extra pounds. I almost said, "It worked for you." But I didn't.

I've been doing right on my diet and getting the proper exercise all week so far. I can't seem to make any progress on the scale. I know, I know. This is that journey of faith of which I spoke in another entry. I'm wavering a little in that department today. Maybe I should go eat and have my quiet time while the kids have breakfast.

I'll check back later.

1 comment:

Tina said...

You are not doing this for everyone else. You don't have to prove a thing to them.

Do it because you LOVE Diane. Because YOU want to feel better. Being able to tell 'them' that you did it...that's just a small bonus!

Please yourself, and keep your chin up! You're doing great!